Yes. Alaska law gives judges the authority to release defendants from probation early. (Generally, to be released from probation early you have to pay off your fines, complete at least half of your probation and complete all court ordered classes and treatment.)
Alaska shorten probation:
Alaska Statutes: Title 12 Code of Criminal Procedure, Chapter 55 Sentencing and Probation, Section 85 Suspending Imposition of Sentence.
(d) The court may at any time during the period of probation revoke or modify its order of suspension of imposition of sentence. It may at any time, when the ends of justice will be served, and when the good conduct and reform of the person held on probation warrant it, terminate the period of probation and discharge the person held. If the court has not revoked the order of probation and pronounced sentence, the defendant shall, at the end of the term of probation, be discharged by the court.
(e) Upon the discharge by the court without imposition of sentence, the court may set aside the conviction and issue to the person a certificate to that effect.
(f) The court may not suspend the imposition of sentence of a person who
(2) uses a firearm in the commission of the offense for which the person is convicted; or
(3) is convicted of a violation of AS 11.41.230 - 11.41.250 or a felony and the person has one or more prior convictions for a misdemeanor violation of AS 11.41 or for a felony or for a violation of a law in this or another jurisdiction having substantially similar elements to an offense defined as a misdemeanor in AS 11.41 or as a felony in this state; for the purposes of this paragraph, a person shall be considered to have a prior conviction even if that conviction has been set aside under (e) of this section or under the equivalent provision of the laws of another jurisdiction.*Must use Alaska Form CR-500 to make request to terminate probation early.
My Story: I'm a regular guy who got into trouble and pled guilty to a felony. I went to prison and served my time. I was always on my best behavior. I paid off my fines early and complied with the judge's orders. To make a long story short, I was able to get off probation two years early. I wrote and filed my motion to terminate probation early by myself. I didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. I can assure you that my story is completely true.
With my new book "Get Off Probation: The Complete Guide to Getting Off Probation" discover the answers.
* Provides all the information necessary to ask the court to terminate probation early.
* Explains step by step how to get off probation early.
* Step One: evaluate your chances of successfully getting off probation early.
* Explains how to improve your chances of terminating probation early.
* Includes the motion I used to terminate probation over two years early.
* Provides detail instructions how to write and file a motion to terminate probation early with the court.
* Tips for overcoming barriers and being successful.
* This is the best and only book on terminating probation early.
Go ahead, look over the Table of Contents and Chapter One and make your own decision. Take the first step towards a new life.
You can purchase the printed version of Get Off Probation from Amazon for $12.99 plus shipping and handling. Due to popular demand a Kindle Edition will soon be available at Amazon. This product is only available to US residents.
Feel free to contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or questions. Thank you for your interest in our product.
Good luck with everything.