Yes. Florida law gives judges the authority to release defendants from probation early. (Generally, to be released from probation early you have to pay off your fines, complete at least half of your probation and complete all court ordered classes and treatment.)
Florida Shorten Probation:
Florida Criminal Procedure and Corrections, Chapter 948, Probation and Community Control Sections 948.04 to 948.05.
Florida Statutes 948.04: Period of probation; duty of probationer; early termination.--
(1) Defendants found guilty of felonies who are placed on probation shall be under supervision not to exceed 2 years unless otherwise specified by the court. No defendant placed on probation pursuant to s. 948.012(1) or s. 948.034 is subject to the probation limitations of this subsection. A defendant who is placed on probation or community control for a violation of chapter 794 or chapter 827 is subject to the maximum level of supervision provided by the supervising agency, and that supervision shall continue through the full term of the court-imposed probation or community control.
(2) Upon the termination of the period of probation, the probationer shall be released from probation and is not liable to sentence for the offense for which probation was allowed. During the period of probation, the probationer shall perform the terms and conditions of his or her probation.
(3) If the probationer has performed satisfactorily, has not been found in violation of any terms or conditions of supervision, and has met all financial sanctions imposed by the court, including, but not limited to, fines, court costs, and restitution, the Department of Corrections may recommend early termination of probation to the court at any time before the scheduled termination date.948.05 Court to admonish or commend probationer or offender in community control.--A court may at any time cause a probationer or offender in community control to appear before it to be admonished or commended, and, when satisfied that its action will be for the best interests of justice and the welfare of society, it may discharge the probationer or offender in community control from further supervision.
My Story: I'm a regular guy who got into trouble and pled guilty to a felony. I went to prison and served my time. I was always on my best behavior. I paid off my fines early and complied with the judge's orders. To make a long story short, I was able to get off probation two years early. I wrote and filed my motion to terminate probation early by myself. I didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. I can assure you that my story is completely true.
With my new book "Get Off Probation: The Complete Guide to Getting Off Probation" discover the answers.
* Provides all the information necessary to ask the court to terminate probation early.
* Explains step by step how to get off probation early.
* Step One: evaluate your chances of successfully getting off probation early.
* Explains how to improve your chances of terminating probation early.
* Includes the motion I used to terminate probation over two years early.
* Provides detail instructions how to write and file a motion to terminate probation early with the court.
* Tips for overcoming barriers and being successful.
* This is the best and only book on terminating probation early.
Go ahead, look over the Table of Contents and Chapter One and make your own decision. Take the first step towards a new life.
You can purchase the printed version of Get Off Probation from Amazon for $12.99. Due to popular demand a Kindle Edition will soon be available at Amazon. This product is only available to US residents.
Feel free to contact us today at email@example.com if you have any comments or questions. Thank you for your interest in our product.
Good luck with everything.