Yes. Iowa law gives judges the authority to release defendants from probation early. (Generally, to be released from probation early you have to pay off your fines, complete at least half of your probation and complete all court ordered classes and treatment.)
Iowa Shorten Probation:
1. At any time that the court determines that the purposes of probation have been fulfilled and the fees imposed under section 905.14 have been paid or on condition that unpaid supervision fees be paid, the court may order the discharge of a person from probation.
2. At any time that a probation officer determines that the purposes of probation have been fulfilled and the fees imposed under section 905.14 have been paid or on condition that unpaid supervision fees be paid, the officer may order the discharge of a person from probation after approval of the district director and notification of the sentencing court and the county attorney who prosecuted the case.3. The sentencing judge may order a hearing on its own motion, or shall order a hearing upon the request of the county attorney, for review of such discharge. If the sentencing judge is no longer serving or unable to order such hearing, the chief judge of the district or the chief judge's designee shall order any hearing pursuant to this section. Following the hearing, the court shall approve or rescind such discharge. If a hearing is not ordered within thirty days after notification by the probation officer, the person shall be discharged and the probation officer shall notify the state court administrator of such discharge.
My Story: I'm a regular guy who got into trouble and pled guilty to a felony. I went to prison and served my time. I was always on my best behavior. I paid off my fines early and complied with the judge's orders. To make a long story short, I was able to get off probation two years early. I wrote and filed my motion to terminate probation early by myself. I didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. I can assure you that my story is completely true.
With my new book "Get Off Probation: The Complete Guide to Getting Off Probation" discover the answers.
* Provides all the information necessary to ask the court to terminate probation early.
* Explains step by step how to get off probation early.
* Step One: evaluate your chances of successfully getting off probation early.
* Explains how to improve your chances of terminating probation early.
* Includes the motion I used to terminate probation over two years early.
* Provides detail instructions how to write and file a motion to terminate probation early with the court.
* Tips for overcoming barriers and being successful.
* This is the best and only book on terminating probation early.
Go ahead, look over the Table of Contents and Chapter One and make your own decision. Take the first step towards a new life.
You can purchase the printed version of Get Off Probation from Amazon for $12.99. Due to popular demand a Kindle Edition will soon be available at Amazon. This product is only available to US residents.
Feel free to contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or questions. Thank you for your interest in our product.
Good luck with everything.