Yes. Maryland law gives judges the authority to release defendants from probation early. (Generally, to be released from probation early you have to pay off your fines, complete at least half of your probation and complete all court ordered classes and treatment.)
Maryland Shorten Probation:
(b)(1)(i) Probation may be granted whether the crime is punishable by fine or imprisonment or both.
(ii) If the crime is punishable by both fine and imprisonment, the court may impose a fine and place the defendant on probation as to the imprisonment.
(iii) Probation may be limited to one or more counts or indictments but, in the absence of express limitation, extends to the entire sentence and judgment.
(iv) The court may revoke or modify a condition of probation or may reduce the period of probation.
(v) As a condition of probation, the court may order a defendant to a term of custodial confinement.
(2) If a sentence of imprisonment is imposed and a part of it is suspended with the defendant placed on probation, the court may impose as a condition of probation that the probation begin on the day the defendant is released from imprisonment.
(c) If the court places on probation a defendant who has been convicted of a violation of any provision of Title 5 of the Criminal Law Article, the court shall require as a condition that the defendant participate in a drug treatment or education program approved by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, unless the court finds and states on the record that the interests of the defendant and the public do not require the imposition of this condition.
(d) The court may impose a sentence of custodial confinement or imprisonment as a condition of probation.(e) If an individual violates the terms of probation, any time served by the individual in custodial confinement shall be credited against any sentence of incarceration imposed by the court.
My Story: I'm a regular guy who got into trouble and pled guilty to a felony. I went to prison and served my time. I was always on my best behavior. I paid off my fines early and complied with the judge's orders. To make a long story short, I was able to get off probation two years early. I wrote and filed my motion to terminate probation early by myself. I didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. I can assure you that my story is completely true.
With my new book "Get Off Probation: The Complete Guide to Getting Off Probation" discover the answers.
* Provides all the information necessary to ask the court to terminate probation early.
* Explains step by step how to get off probation early.
* Step One: evaluate your chances of successfully getting off probation early.
* Explains how to improve your chances of terminating probation early.
* Includes the motion I used to terminate probation over two years early.
* Provides detail instructions how to write and file a motion to terminate probation early with the court.
* Tips for overcoming barriers and being successful.
* This is the best and only book on terminating probation early.
Go ahead, look over the Table of Contents and Chapter One and make your own decision. Take the first step towards a new life.
You can purchase the printed version of Get Off Probation from Amazon for $12.99. Due to popular demand a Kindle Edition will soon be available at Amazon. This product is only available to US residents.
Feel free to contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or questions. Thank you for your interest in our product.
Good luck with everything.