Yes. New York law gives judges the authority to release defendants from probation early. (Generally, to be released from probation early you have to pay off your fines, complete at least half of your probation and complete all court ordered classes and treatment.)
New York Shorten Probation:
Law> New York Law> New York Code> Criminal Procedure> Sentences Of Probation, Conditional Discharge And Parole Supervision> Termination Of Sentence.
New York Criminal Procedure § 410.90 Termination of sentence.
1. The court may at any time terminate either a period of probation,
other than a period of lifetime probation, for conviction to a crime or
a period of conditional discharge for an offense.
2. The court may terminate a period of probation for a person who is
subject to lifetime probation and who has been on unrevoked probation
for at least five consecutive years.
3. (a) The court shall grant a request for termination of a sentence
of probation under this section when, having regard to the conduct and
condition of the probationer, the court is of the opinion that:
(i) the probationer is no longer in need of such guidance, training or
other assistance which would otherwise be administered through probation
(ii) the probationer has diligently complied with the terms and
conditions of the sentence of probation; and
(iii) the termination of the sentence of probation is not adverse to
the protection of the public.
No such termination shall be granted unless the court is satisfied
that the probationer, who is otherwise financially able to comply with
an order of restitution or reparation, has made a good faith effort to
(b) The court shall grant a request for termination of a sentence of
conditional discharge under this section when, having regard to the
conduct and condition of the defendant, the court is of the opinion
(i) the defendant has diligently complied with the terms and
conditions of the sentence of conditional discharge; and
(ii) termination of the sentence of conditional discharge is notadverse to protection of the public.
My Story: I'm a regular guy who got into trouble and pled guilty to a felony. I went to prison and served my time. I was always on my best behavior. I paid off my fines early and complied with the judge's orders. To make a long story short, I was able to get off probation two years early. I wrote and filed my motion to terminate probation early by myself. I didn't have the money to hire a lawyer. I can assure you that my story is completely true.
With my new book "Get Off Probation: The Complete Guide to Getting Off Probation" discover the answers.
* Provides all the information necessary to ask the court to terminate probation early.
* Explains step by step how to get off probation early.
* Step One: evaluate your chances of successfully getting off probation early.
* Explains how to improve your chances of terminating probation early.
* Includes the motion I used to terminate probation over two years early.
* Provides detail instructions how to write and file a motion to terminate probation early with the court.
* Tips for overcoming barriers and being successful.
* This is the best and only book on terminating probation early.
Go ahead, look over the Table of Contents and Chapter One and make your own decision. Take the first step towards a new life.
You can purchase the printed version of Get Off Probation from Amazon for $12.99. Due to popular demand a Kindle Edition will soon be available at Amazon. This product is only available to US residents.
Feel free to contact us today at email@example.com if you have any comments or questions. Thank you for your interest in our product.
Good luck with everything.